Rosemary essential oil has become one of the most popular essential oils used in aromatherapy, due to its wide array of health benefits. The oil assists with hair care, skincare, circulation of energy and blood, and muscle aches and pains. The verbenone variety of rosemary is a less intense fragrance than the cineol variety, which allows clarifying of one’s emotions.
The name rosemary is derived from the Latin words “ros marinus,” which means, “Rose of the Sea.” Rosemary essential oil has been used since the 13th century, as it was a symbol of fidelity, wisdom, and love. Rosemary was also thought to bring protection from diseases, as it was an ingredient used in the well-known thieves oil. Bandits used thieves oil in the 15th century for protection from the plague, as they ransacked many plague-infected homes.
Rosemary is excellent for stimulating the conscious mind, opening the Heart Chakra, increasing vitality, and maintaining mental and physical health!
– Botanical Name: Rosmarinus Officinalis C.T. Verbenone
– Botanical Family: Lamiaceae
– Derived From: Leaves from the Rosemary Plant
– Origin: USA
– Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled from North American Rosemary Leaves
– Aroma: Fresh, Woodsy, Herbacious
– Physical Description: Clear and thin consistency liquid
– Blends with: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Chamomile (Roman), Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Melissa, Mandarin, Peppermint, Scotch Pine, Tea Tree
– Reiki Charged: All of the essential oils offered by Miracle Botanicals are Reiki charged by Hope Johnson. The Rosemary Essential Oil is charged with intent to clear and stimulate the conscious mind and nourish the physical and mental body.
Rosemary Verbenone is known as the most healing and effective variety of the rosemary essential oils. All Rosemary essential oils contain tissue-regenerating ketones, however, the Verbenone variety contains lower camphor and higher ketones, making the oil more effective and much gentler for rejuvenating the skin and hair, as well as providing wonderful revitalizing effects on the emotions.
– Emotions: Rosemary provides brain stimulation, improving mental clarity and memory loss. The oil also assists with concentration, fatigue, and nervous tension, as it provides efficient mental activity and is a nervine, which is a substance that calms nervous excitement. Rosemary essential oil is commonly used by students during exams in order to re-fresh and revitalize the brain, while removing any stale or stagnant mental activity!
– Skin and Hair Care: Rosemary essential oil has been widely used to improve oily skin and acne prone skin. Rosemary is also excellent for removing dryness and toning the skin, as it is considered a beautifying aid for the face. Rosemary oil is excellent for assisting with the growth of longer and stronger hair. The oil stimulates hair follicles, allowing for more hair growth. It also helps with premature balding and graying of the hair. Regular massage of Rosemary in the hair will assist with dry and flaky scalp, by nourishing the scalp and removing all dandruff.
*For hair care assistance, check out our Hair Tonic! It contains Rosemary essential oil and an array of oils that also indicate excellent hair care!
– Physical: Rosemary essential oil is analgesic, serving as an excellent pain reliever, as it may be massaged into the area experiencing headaches, sore muscles, muscle pains, arthritis, and rheumatism. The oil is widely used for many respiratory issues, as it is one of the best remedies. It has been used for treating and calming, sore throat, cold, flu, respiratory allergies and infections, and asthma. Rosemary is also anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antispasmodic, assisting with inflammation, inhibiting growth of bacteria and microorganisms, and suppressing spasms. The oil is also an emmenagogue, a substance that stimulates the flow of blood in the pelvic and uterus area, allowing for smooth menstruation and ease of any pains and discomfort in the uterus. The oil also greatly assists with any of the following: prostate, stomach cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, gall bladder, liver, cataract, leukemia, heart, kidney stones, and sperm motility.
*For assistance with healing topical wounds, irritations, and/or any sinus infections, including sinusitis, check out our Disinfect! essential oil blend. This blend contains four essential oils, including Rosemary Verbenone, which contain all properties necessary for ultimate healing!
– Spiritual: Rosemary stimulates flow of the conscious mind as well as maintains mental, spiritual, and physical health, allowing for overall longevity and vitality. The oil increases love and protection, hence, stimulating and balancing the heart chakra. It also increases remembrance, allowing for the balance of the third-eye chakra!
– Second Chakra: Sacral Chakra – Rosemary essential oil acts as an aphrodisiac and assists in a lack of sexual drive. Rosemary is also anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic which assist with backache and sciatica near the second chakra. Rosemary also assists with proper flow in the urinary tract.
– Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra – Rosemary essential oil strengthens self-esteem and self-empowerment. Rosemary also strengthens the digestive tract and the physical indications of the third chakra, while cleansing the liver and gall bladder.
– Fourth Chakra: Heart Chakra – In the fourth chakra, rosemary essential oil strengthens the respiratory system by assisting with shortness of breath and tightness.
– Fifth Chakra: Throat Chakra – Rosemary essential oil can be used for any ear conditions and earaches.
– Sixth Chakra: Third-Eye Chakra – Rosemary can be used in the third eye chakra by steam inhalation for healing any sinus infections. Rosemary can also be used to ease headaches and migraines, while stimulating the flow of conscious mental energy.
– Physical Leaves: Green
– Oil: Clear
– Etheric: Blue, Silver, Green
Rosemary essential oil should be avoided during Pregnancy.
Methods of Usage:
– Neat: Place a drop or two directly onto clean and intact skin. A couple drops on the wrists, shoulders, temples or neck imparts a strong woodsy and honey-like aroma. Note: Helichrysum should not be used undiluted on facial skin, and should only be used undiluted on the skin for fragrance purposes only, as it is too concentrated to be healing when used neat.
– Blended with Carrier: Use 5 drops per 1 TBL of carrier oil such as grapeseed, rosehip, jojoba or hazelnut oils, and massage over any area where you would like for healing to occur.
– Bath: Place 8 drops into 3 handfuls of bath salt and disperse, or add 8 drops to vodka or whole milk and disperse.
– Shower: Soak for at least 3 minutes in steamy shower, then with the water off or turned away from the body, allow 5-7 drops to fall in the palm of the hand and distribute all over wet body (not face). The oil will penetrate very quickly, and the body can be rinsed again, or not.
– Diffusor: Follow diffusor manufacturer’s instructions, but typically add about 8 drops.
– Room Deodorizer: Add 15 drops per 2oz distilled water and spray as desired.