Pure Melissa essential oil is one of the most powerfully medicinal oils in aromatherapy. The word Melissa is derived from the Greek name, meaning, “honey bee.” In Greek mythology, Melissa was a nymph who taught the use of honey, and it where bees are believed to have gotten their name.
Avicenna, an Ancient Roman physician, called Melissa “the elixir of life,” due to its healing properties for nervous disorders, emotions, and the heart.
It is known that if lemonbalm is planted near honeybee hives, amazingly sweet and delicious honey is produced.
Today, Melissa is widely known for its sweet, pleasant, fresh aroma, and its amazing effects on the skin, blood, and nervous system, as it is used in all sorts of balms and salves. Melissa not only works wonders for the body, it is also an amazing penetrator of the deep layers of the human psyche to help restore clarity!
– Botanical Name: Melissa Officinales
– Botanical Family: Labiateae
– Derived From: Leaves and Tops of the Lemon Balm just before 1st Flowering
– Origin: France
– Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation of the Leaves and Tops
– Aroma: Sweet, Lemony, Fresh
– Physical Description: Light Yellow, Thin Consistency liquid
– Reiki Charged: All of the essential oils offered by Miracle Botanicals are Reiki charged by Hope Johnson. The Melissa essential oil is charged with intent for conscious penetration through feelings of Grief and Depression!
Melissa is extracted through steam distillation of the leaves and tops of the lemonbalm plant. The high price of Melissa oil is due to the yield amount of the plant, as it takes about three tons of lemonbalm to produce about 500ml of Melissa essential oil!
Please note there are many different and much less expensive Melissa oils on the market, produced as a mixture of Lemongrass and Citronella, which do not contain the same therapeutic properties. Only Melissa Officinales is the real deal from the actual lemonbalm plant!
– Emotions: Melissa is widely used for its ability to bring acceptance and understanding to one experiencing emotional shock, anger, fear, and grief. As the oil restores clarity, it contributes to the resolution of emotions hidden deep in the psyche. The oil simply uplifts one’s spirits and assists them in discarding any emotions relating to mental pain and suffering. Melissa is very calming and uplifting, while instilling joy in every cell of your being!
– Skincare: Melissa is often added to many skincare balms, salves, and lotions. The oil is very soothing to all skin types and has been proven to help with skin conditions and skin irritations. Melissa essential oil is used for treating eczema and acne, as it is antibacterial and antifungal, allowing for these skin conditions to be flushed away by the healing components of the oil. Please note, the oil offered here is extremely powerful, and it is recommended to use 5 drops per ounce of carrier oil, especially for using on facial skin!
– Physical: Melissa essential oil contains a plethora of physical benefits, including: antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, carminative, diarrhea, eczema, emmanagogue, flatulence, headache, indigestion, influenza, low blood pressure, nausea, sedative, and menstrual and pre-menstrual symptoms. Melissa essential oil works wonders for those who have chronic or occasional spasms of the digestive system, respiratory system, or muscular system. The oil is an antispasmodic and acts as a natural sedative for these occurrings. Melissa is very antibacterial, proving effective in inhibiting bacterial infections in the kidneys, colon, intestines, and urinary tract. It also reduces fevers by releasing toxins and bacteria from the body by allowing the body’s temperature to decrease, by sweating. Melissa is an effective stomachic, a substance that strengthens and heals the stomach from any internal wounds, while maintaining flow of gastric juices.
– Spiritual: Melissa essential oil acts as a cell communicator to help revive and revitalize the spirit. The oil supports the revival of one’s Inner Truth of Love and Light, by clearing any overbearing emotions. Through this, the oil magically allows success, peace, and purification.
– First Chakra: Root Chakra – Melissa essential oil helps one overcome feelings of isolation from others, which overall results in depression, anxiety, and fear. Melissa will help one align with earth’s energies and feel empowered when relating to a group.
– Second Chakra: Sacral Chakra – The Sacral Chakra is located under the belly button, where most women experience menstrual issues. Melissa will help balance this area, allowing the energy to flow through with ease. Melissa also assists with building one’s self-esteem by dispersing any unwanted negativity. Melissa encourages high frequency energies, which allows the sacral chakra to radiate more uplifting emotions!
– Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra – In the third chakra, Melissa assists us identify ourselves with a sense of self-empowerment. Melissa also helps us cope with nervous tension, so as to keep healthy and balanced adrenal glands.
– Fourth Chakra: Heart Chakra – Melissa essential oil helps one to balance self-love and love for others, as well as ease any heartache. Physically, the oil helps calm the circulatory system of any tightness.
– Sixth Chakra: Third Eye Chakra – Melissa essential oil carries an extremely high energetic frequency, which in turn supports the opening of the third eye chakra! It can be used for this purpose in third eye opening meditations. Melissa may be used to calm any headaches.
– Seventh Chakra: Crown Chakra – Melissa encourages the opening of the Crown Chakra, by releasing fears and negative emotions, in order to attain a quiet mind and high frequency vibrations!
– Physical Leaves: Green
– Oil: Light Yellow
– Etheric: Blue, Green, Gold, Red
Contraindications: This is a very strong oil. Please use no more than 5 drops per ounce of carrier oil.
Method of Usage:
– Neat: Place a drop or two directly onto clean and intact skin. A couple drops on the wrists, shoulders, temples or neck imparts a beautiful aroma and invites the experience of loving and being loved. Note: May be too concentrated to be used undiluted on facial skin.
– Blended with Carrier: Use 5 drops per ounce of carrier oil such as grapeseed, rosehip, jojoba or hazelnut oils, and massage over any area where you would like for healing to occur.
– Bath: Place 8 drops into 3 handfuls of bath salt and disperse, or add 8 drops to vodka or whole milk and disperse
– Shower: Soak for at least 3 minutes in steamy shower, then with the water off or turned away from the body, allow 5-7 drops to fall in the palm of the hand and distribute all over wet body (not face). The oil will penetrate very quickly, and body can be rinsed again, or not.
– Diffusor: Follow diffusor manufacturer’s instructions, but typically add about 8 drops.
– Room Deodorizer: Add 15 drops per 2oz distilled water and spray as desired.