Rosewood essential oil has a very pleasing, warm, and woodsy aroma that has been used in aromatherapy for spiritual, uplifting, and strengthening purposes. Rosewood works wonders for the skin and facial rejuvenation, cancerous and pre-cancerous cells, as well as emotional and physical health and well-being.
Rosewood is extracted from the trunk of the rosewood tree, also known as Brazilian evergreen tree, through steam distillation. The trunks of the trees are usually a red-colored wood. In the early 1900’s, the oil was extremely popular in high-class perfumery, which caused deforestation of the tree. Since then, the demand dwindled, giving the trees the opportunity to grow and thrive.
– Botanical Name: Aniba Roseodora
– Botanical Family: Lauraceae
– Derived From: Brazilian Rosewood aka Brazilian Evergreen Tree
– Origin: Brazil
– Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled from Chopped Wood from the Tree
– Aroma: Woodsy, Sweet, Warm
– Physical Description: Light Yellow Color; Thin Consistency Liquid
– Reiki Charged: All of the essential oils offered by Miracle Botanicals are Reiki charged by Hope Johnson. The Rosewood Essential Oil is charged with intent to strengthen and uplift the mind, body, and spirit!
– Emotions: Rosewood essential oil is extremely popular with aromatherapists for treating depression. The oil takes away depressed feelings and leaves behind feelings of happiness and strength. The oil also stimulates one’s feelings and secretion of hormones. During crisis or high stress situations, the oil can have a very calming and steadying effect on the emotions and nerves, due to the presence of 8-cineole in the oil. 8-cineole is a terpenoid oxide, which has been studied and proven to calm emotions, while stimulating hormones in the body. Along with steadying the nerves, the oil also clears the mind, and has been found very useful during tests and exams. Rosewood is also used as an aphrodisiac, as it stimulates the body and mind to relax and be free from stress and mental clutter.
– Skincare: Rosewood essential oil contains a high amount of alpha pinene, an organic compound of the terpene class, or monoterpene. The alpha pinene in the oil has a high anti-bacterial effect. For rosewood, this anti-bacterial effect is extremely useful with the treatment of acne, as well as the clearing of candida. For acne, the oil must be diluted and may then be applied daily to the face for treatment. The oil also contains the chemical componenets of nerol, geraniol, 8-cineole, linalool, and limonene. These chemicals work together to help stimulate skin cells and regenerate tissues. The stimulating and regenerating properties contribute to ultimate rejuvenation of dull, dry, and oily skin. Studies have showed that Rosewood on the skin has an anti-cancer effect, by destroying pre-cancerous and cancerous cells, while leaving healthy cells unaffected. Rosewood will also help restore skin elasticity, promoting smooth and wrinkle free skin.
– Physical: Rosewood essential oil serves as an analgesic, a substance that has the ability to relieves headaches, nausea muscle pains, joint pains, and toothaches. The oil is also anti-septic, which can assist healing and the reduction of any infection with a cut or abrasion. Rosewood is commonly used as a deodorant, due to its wonderful aroma, its ability to drive away bacteria, and keep emotions refreshed and the mind revitalized all day. The oil is also a very strong stimulant. Along with hormones and emotions, the oil also stimulates enzymes, bile, stomach acids, circulation, and digestion.
– Spiritual: By allowing calming of the mind and nerves, Rosewood essential oil induces meditative states and can be used during meditation. The oil also invites compassion into one’s heart, while lifting spirits and instilling spiritual beauty. Rosewood essential oil is also excellent for feminine spiritual energy and can assist in balancing one’s femininity.
– First Chakra: Root Chakra – Rosewood essential oil is derived from a tree with deep root in the earth. This oil assists with connecting our bodies and spirits with nature! This allows us to be grounded and aligned with earth’s energies.
– Second Chakra: Sacral Chakra – In the second chakra, Rosewood assists with menstrual cramps and irregularities. Rosewood is also one of the oils that help us emit positive energies when connecting with others, and important part of the balancing of the sacral chakra.
– Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra – Rosewood is one of the powerful oils that support creating a positive self-image with a sense of self-empowerment. The oil also helps us connect with our gut feelings of higher wisdom and recognize our intuitive wisdom.
– Fourth Chakra: Heart Chakra – In the heart chakra, Rosewood helps us to balance our love for ourselves and for others!
– Fifth Chakra: Throat Chakra – Rosewood assists with supporting our inner strength, which, in turn, helps us be able to speak our Inner Truth with confidence and love.
– Seventh Chakra: Crown Chakra – In the Crown Chakra, Rosewood assists with meditation and bringing ourselves to a higher frequency. At this high frequency, we are able to quiet the mind and be in the present moment!
– Physical Wood: Red, Brown
– Oil: Light Yellow
– Etheric: Red, Violet
Methods of Usage:
– Neat: Place a drop or two directly onto clean and intact skin. A couple drops on the wrists, shoulders, temples or neck imparts a strong woodsy and honey-like aroma. Note: This oil should not be used undiluted on facial skin!
– Blended with Carrier: Use 5 drops per 1 TBL of carrier oil such as grapeseed, rosehip, jojoba or hazelnut oils, and massage over any area where you would like for healing to occur.
– Bath: Place 8 drops into 3 handfuls of bath salt and disperse, or add 8 drops to vodka or whole milk and disperse.
– Shower: Soak for at least 3 minutes in steamy shower, then with the water off or turned away from the body, allow 5-7 drops to fall in the palm of the hand and distribute all over wet body (not face). The oil will penetrate very quickly, and the body can be rinsed again, or not.
– Diffusor: Follow diffusor manufacturer’s instructions, but typically add about 8 drops.
– Room Deodorizer: Add 15 drops per 2oz distilled water and spray as desired.