- Botanical Name: Boswellia Papyrifera
- Plant Part: Resin
- Country of Origin: Ethiopia
Specific Benefits of Frankincense Papyrifera Resin:
Strengthens the Nervous System
Frankincense Papyrifera Resin is high in Octyl Acetate, Octanol and Incensole Acetate. These chemical components help to balance the nervous system while also helping support brain function.
Frankincense Papyrifera Resin is a wonderful resin to help increase focus during meditation. Feel comforted, relaxed and at peace when blanketing the atmosphere in the sweet, warm and heavenly aroma of Frankincense Papyrifera Resin.
How to Burn Resin:
With multiple different resin burners available, there are many ways to burn resin. We recommend using an adjustable resin burner, with these burners you may use a candle and adjust to the desired heat.
Burning resin using a charcoal: Using tongs, light a charcoal with matches or lighter until it ignites. Once it is lit, put the charcoal in an incense burner (avoid wood or glass as it would burn or shatter.) To prevent burning any surfaces fill the bottom of the container with sand, stones or dirt. Add a small amount of resin to the top of the charcoal. As the resin burns feel the atmosphere get blanketed in aromatic bliss!
- Crush Resin with a mortar or pestle and add a teaspoon into 1-2 cups of warm or room temperature water. No heat is necessary to extract the medicinal properties from the resin.
- Use plastic wrap or a cloth to cover your cup or container. Let set overnight.
- Drink the resin infusion throughout the next day.
- This tea should be good for a couple days refrigerated.
- If you made too much, try freezing the remaining tea in ice cube trays.
- Make sure to listen to your body and moderate your intake. It is better to consume small amounts over-time, rather than a large quantity all at once.
- You can reuse the tears used during the first infusion for another batch!