Helichrysum Italicum Essential Oil Profile
Helichrysum Italicum Essential Oil is known to open the heart and clear old emotional wounds and suffering. It is regarded as a sacred and spiritual oil due to its ability to assist an emotionally exhausted and debilitated mind.
Helichrysum Italicum Essential Oil is highly regarded as it is a releaser of Chi throughout the mind and body. Thus allowing for the release of deeply repressed emotions, restoring love, freedom, and compassion to the eternal soul.
- Botanical Name: Helichrysum Italicum G. Don
- Plant Part: Flowers and Leaves
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Country of Origin: France
- Color/Consistency: Yellow/Clear color with medium consistency
- Aroma: Some find it redolent of hay- and tinged with amber or honey. Others have described the oil as a combination of caramelized sugar and ham (if ham were a flower!) Deciphering it requires sensory imagination, and is clearly open to panoramic and ingenious interpretations.
- Perfumery Note: Base
– Reiki Charged: All of the essential oils offered by Miracle Botanicals are infused with Reiki by our founder and Reiki Master, Hope Johnson. Reiki is a modality used to direct healing energy. It’s a gentle yet potent way to clear away mental and physical disturbances so that the recipient can live in peace and harmony with their self and with all the world.
Helichrysum Italicum Essential Oil is extracted through steam distillation of the fresh flowers. The Helichrysum plants can grow up to 2 feet tall and are brightly colored, daisy-like flowers.
Please note that there are many different types of Helichrysum flowers, however, Helichrysum italicum is the one renowned for anti-aging, skin healing and tinnitis.
Skincare and Anti-aging benefits…This Helichrysum Italicum essential oil contains a high concentration (nearly 39%) of Neryl Acetate, which are compounds containing two carbonyl groups. Neryl Acetate is the chemical component of Immortelle which stimulates the production of new cells which the body can use for:
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Healing Wounds, Scar Tissue, Stretch Marks, Uneven Skin and Bruises
- Filling-in Wrinkles
- Eliminating Unhealthy Moles
- Healing Rashes of All Kinds, and Especially those that arise from Eczema, Psoriasis and Candida
Nerve Damage including Hearing Loss and Tinnitis….This Helichrysum Italicum has the chemical constituents that have been shown to repair nerve damage. To use for this purpose, massage a drop to the bone behind the hear 2x per day, and 2 drops to a cottonball placed inside the ear.
Emotionally… The enthrallingly complex aroma aids in dissolving emotional blockages. It arouses optimism, and fuels courage and resolve, as it effectively energizes delight and trust, helps reduce Anxiety and Lower Stress levels. Helichrysum Essential Oil unclutters the heart, and stimulates kindness for self and others, while unifying the body and spirit.
Spiritually… Helichrysum Essential Oil helps reveal and unravel habitual thought patterns that keep people stuck in patterns of painful experiences. The oil adds yellow, blue, orange, and red to the etheric bodies, and brings balance, creativity, adaptability, and communication to individual chakras. It also stimulates regular spiritual practice, enlightenment, and transcendence.
Other Physical Benefits…Helps Thin the Blood, Encourages Balance for Organ and Glandular Function, Reduces Inflammation, Relief from Coughs that are stimulated by Phlegm in the Respiratory Tracts, as well as Coughing due to Itchiness in the Throat caused by Infections, Strengthens the Nervous System, Inhibits Microbial Growth and protects the body against a long list of Microbial Infections.
Chakras Affected by Helichrysum Italicum Essential Oil:
– First Chakra: Represents Courage, Passion, and Loyalty. This chakra allows one to be grounded and connected to the Earth.
– Second Chakra: Connects Spirituality and Sexuality; Promotes Creativity and Procreation
– Third Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra instills the ability to adapt to new situations and ideas, by enhancing inner strength
– Fifth Chakra: Calms and opens the heart; promotes love, compassion, and patience. Heals emotional wounds, especially sexually traumatic energies
– Physical Flower: Red, Orange, and Yellow
– Oil: Red, Orange, and Yellow
– Etheric: Yellow, Blue, Orange, and Red
Methods of Usage:
– Neat: Place a drop or two directly onto clean and intact skin. A couple drops on the wrists, shoulders, temples or neck imparts a strong woodsy and honey-like aroma. Note: Helichrysum should not be used undiluted on facial skin, and should only be used undiluted on the skin for fragrance purposes, or to stop bleeding from an open wound. Helichrysum essential oil is too concentrated to be used for muscle tension or other physical healing when used neat.
– Blended with Carrier: Use 10 drops per oz of carrier oil such as Argan, Meadowfoam Seed, Olive or Coconut Oil, and massage over any area where you would like for healing to occur.
– Bath: Place 3-5 drops into 3 handfuls of bath salt and disperse, or add 8 drops to vodka or whole milk and disperse.
– Shower: Soak for at least 3 minutes in steamy shower, then with the water off or turned away from the body, allow 3-5 drops to fall in the palm of the hand and distribute all over wet body (not face). The oil will penetrate very quickly, and the body can be rinsed again, or not.
– Diffusor: Follow diffusor manufacturer’s instructions, but typically add about 8 drops.
– Room Deodorizer: Add 15 drops per 2oz distilled water and spray as desired.
Technique to Release Emotional and Physical Scars of a Painful Past:
Come into a cross-legged pose, or sit in a chair with your back straight and feet on the floor. Center your self by paying attention to your breath, with the intention to relax and release. Let 2 drops of Pure Helichrysum essential oil (or diluted to your taste) fall in the palm of your hand, then bring your hands together at your heart and gently rub the palms together.
Stop rubbing the palms together, and then deeply inhale the aroma while you keep re-directing your attention back to the breath for about a minute. Then move your arms out to the sides – level with the shoulders – with your palms facing straight up.
Breathe long and deep while you hold your arms out to the sides. Do it for as long as you can, and don’t be afraid to challenge yourself!
When you can’t hold your arms up any longer, bend your elbows and slowly bring your arms in to the side. Then sit quietly and meditate for at least another minute.