When it comes to cooking with essential oils, this is one of my favorite chicken recipes. You can have delicious chicken at any time of the year and be reminded of sunny Greek beaches while enjoying this healthy and wonderful recipe.
We are using both lemon and oregano essential oils. These two major components of your typical greek marinade offer amazing health benefits in their essential oil form.
Lemon essential oil has been used to assist with mental and emotional health. According to studies, you can use the vapor of this fragrant oil to balance Dopamine and Serotonin neurotransmitter systems. Doing so supports anti-stress and anti-anxiety effects!
Oregano essential oil has been deemed the world’s most complete natural medicine. Our Croatian Oregano essential oil comes exclusively from a small Croatian farm. The warm herbal and peppery aroma of this oil lends itself deliciously to our recipe. And our Oregano Essential Oil contains 60 to 70% Carvacrol, which inhibits the growth of bacteria strains, improving the stability of your marinade.
Originally, I started to make this marinade solely for its flavorful impact. But I have stayed for its health benefits and its incredible versatility. The citric tart of the lemon flavor along with the peppery notes of all of the other ingredients makes a great combination to be used in any method. If you are looking for a quick meal, firing off a gas grill is a perfect way to make this recipe. And it’s just as easily baked. And here’s how:
Oven safe dish
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients together.
- Place chicken thighs in a zip-top bag, and add the marinade until it covers the chicken. and seal the bag.
- Massage the chicken to ensure that every part of the chicken is exposed to the marinade.
- In preparing overnight, place in your oven-safe dish and refrigerate overnight.
- One hour before baking, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature. This step helps to get a more even cook throughout.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C)
- Bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Add any sides or scallions on top and enjoy!